Diskusní fórum kickboxing.blog.cz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diskusní fórum kickboxing.blog.cz

PříjemPříjem  HledatHledat  Latest imagesLatest images  RegistraceRegistrace  Přihlášení  

K-1 WGP Final 16 2010

Goto down 
AutorZpráva
Admin
Admin
Admin

Věk : 35
Počet příspěvků : 320
Profil založen : 24. 01. 08

K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 Empty
PříspěvekPředmět: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:09 pm

K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 722bd241db_69407091_o2

Startovní listina

Eliminační boje o postup do velkého finále 8 nejlepších:
Brazil Ewerton Teixeira vs. Peter Aerts Netherlands

Turkey Gokhan Saki vs. Freddy Kemayo France

Russia Ruslan Karaev vs. Tyrone Spong Suriname

France Jerome Le Banner vs. Kyotaro Japan

Suriname Errol Zimmerman vs. Daniel Ghita Romania

Netherlands Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Edwards Australia

Belarus Andrej Arlovski vs. Raul Catinas Romania

Netherlands Semmy Schilt vs. Hesdy Gerges Egypt

Vložené zápasy - superfighty::
Russia Sergej Kharitonov vs. Takumi Sato Japan

Germany Chalid Arrab vs. Dzevad Poturak Bosnia and Herzegovina
Návrat nahoru Goto down
https://kickboxing.forumczech.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PříspěvekPředmět: Re: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Návrat nahoru Goto down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PříspěvekPředmět: Re: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:04 am

Návrat nahoru Goto down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PříspěvekPředmět: Re: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Interviews:

Alistair Overeem
K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 39852e1a97_69682886_o2
citace :
-- Now that you've been confirmed as one of the participants of the K-1 WORLD GP 2010 FINAL16, how do you feel? Also, how is your condition these days?

Alistair Overeem: I feel great, my condition is improving each year and I really trained hard for this GP. This year I want that belt.

-- In as much detail as you're comfortable with, please share with us what specific things you'll be working on in your training leading up to the fight in Korea in October

Alistair Overeem: We have a system at Golden Glory and it works, so nothing special. Just training with my trainers and sparring with all the Golden Glory fighters.

-- In last years' K-1 World GP you were defeated by Badr Hari in the semi-finals. In retrospect, what do you think about that bout?

Alistair Overeem: I think it was stopped too early. Yes, I was knocked down, and yes, the second time I was wobbling. But I did not fall down as I was backed up in the corner. Badr always gives a lot in the first round (look what happened in his fight with Hesdy). I think there was such a short amount of time remaining until the end of the first round…if there would have been a second round I would have beaten him again. But that is all speculation. I want to win this years K-1 GP belt, so I will fight everybody to reach that goal. Badr was the better one that evening, now it’s my turn.

-- Being frank, what are your goals for this years' K-1 World GP?

Alistair Overeem: To become the champion of course. And, to get the DREAM Heavyweight belt. Next year I will fight a few times in Strikeforce again, Werdum, who beat Fedor, was injured and Fedor only wanted to fight Werdum, so those match ups are something for next year in MMA in the States.

-- What is your impression of your opponent, Ben Edwards?

Alistair Overeem: He is strong, comes to fight and goes forward. I like fighters who come to fight, so there will be an early KO.

-- The fact Ben took just 206 seconds to stop all three of his opponents in the Oceania GP has been quite a topic of discussion. Do you have any comments about it?

Alistair Overeem: Well, good job! I do not know much about the opponents he beat, but “Alistair Overeem” is made from a different kind of wood.

-- Please give us a comment for your opponent.

Alistair Overeem: Ben Edwards, you won 3 fights in 206 seconds. I will KO you within that period. I will KO you in the first round, so you can see and feel the level of a Golden Glory fighter and the power of The Reem.

-- Finally, please send a message to your fans.

Alistair Overeem: I love my fans in Japan. I’m different to Fedor; I did not leave to only fight in the USA. I have Japan as my favorite place. I may make less money at this moment in Japan than in America as the MMA scene is booming there, but I love the fighting spirit from the country and the long history of martial arts in Japan. Japanese fans are the best. I will always keep fighting in Japan.
Návrat nahoru Goto down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PříspěvekPředmět: Re: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Ben Edwards

K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 B6199debd4_69682888_o2

citace :
-- Now that you've been confirmed as one of the participants of the K-1 WORLD GP 2010 FINAL16, how do you feel? Also, how is your condition these days?

Ben Edwards: I feel great! This is a dream come true. I will be as fit, and hitting as hard as I ever have in Korea.

-- In as much detail as you're comfortable with, please share with us what specific things you'll be working on in your training leading up to the fight in Korea in October 2.

Ben Edwards: I never really train specifically for my opponent; I just concentrate on being fit and working on my weaknesses.

-- How enthusiastic are you for your first ever shot at the K-1 WGP?

Ben Edwards: I'm over the moon with excitement. I've been dreaming about this for over a decade and I'm going to grab this opportunity with both hands.

-- Being frank, what are your goals for this years' K-1 World GP?

Ben Edwards: I want to make a name for myself as an exciting fighter who all the fans want to see.

-- To become the K-1 WGP Champion, you need to defeat the likes of Semmy Schilt, Badr Hari and Remy Bonjasky. Are you confident in your abilities to do so?

Ben Edwards: I believe on my day, I could give all those guys a run for their money.

-- Please give us some information on your record and achievements so far, and tell us about any particularly dramatic fights you've had.

Ben Edwards: My biggest achievement was winning the K1 Oceania tournament in record time. I have also won 3 ISKA World Titles. The most dramatic and personally important fight of my career was my first world title fight against Rick Cheek. Tragically my friend and long time trainer John Verran passed away 6 weeks before the fight. It was terrible. He had a young wife and family including a 4 month old son. John, I and everyone were excited about the fight and we decided the fight would continue as planned in his memory. I have never put so much pressure on myself to win a fight as I did that night. All of John’s and my friends and family were there, and I won the fight with a round 1 KO. I’ll never forget that night. It really was something special.

-- What is your impression of Alistair Overeem?

Ben Edwards: Alistair is a tremendous athlete, and a great fighter.

-- What is your specialty in the ring?

Ben Edwards: Speed and power.

-- Please give us a comment for your opponent.

Ben Edwards: Alistair, it is an honor to fight you. You are a great fighter. May the best man win!

-- Finally, please send a message to your fans.

Ben Edwards: I would like to thank my fans for all their continued support, and, win or lose in Korea I will show you something to be proud of.
Návrat nahoru Goto down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PříspěvekPředmět: Re: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Ewerton Teixeira

K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 3bcd21d4e5_69682864_o2

citace :
-- Could you share with us why it is that you went to The Netherlands to train?

Teixeira: To make the most improvements I have to seek out different types of training. That is why I went there.

-- A different type?

Teixeira: Training methods differ depending on where you train. I wanted to bring some of the Dutch style training back and include it in my regular training.

-- There are many strong fighters in The Netherlands. Did you find the key to this strength?

Teixeira: Well, one of the reasons is that they are really tall. But all things aside, they train very hard. They really do practice a lot.

-- How long were you there?

Teixeira: About two months.

-- How was life there?

Teixeira: I just practiced and practiced. Then, I practiced some more. I sometimes took a short break. I trained every morning and evening, and sometimes during the day too.

- What did you do on your day off?

Teixeira: I pretty much just watched DVDs.

-- Did you have a good time in The Netherlands?

Teixeira: The purpose of going there was to practice hard. So, in that sense, yes, I had a great time.

-- Specifically, what did you do?

Teixeira: Honestly speaking, nothing was decided until I arrived there. Their training was similar to Karate, so I learned the techniques by doing basic practice repeatedly. It was good to train with tall fighters there, because I can't do that usually as there are not many tall ones in Japan.

-- So far your runs have ended at Best 8 level. Do you think you can break through than wall now?

Teixeira: Yes! I went there looking for something that I could add to my own way of fighting.

-- How did it go?

Teixeira: I think I am one step closer to my dream of becoming the K-1 WGP Champion!

-- What do you feel you need to improve most?

Teixeira: I feel the answer to that strongly during my fights. What I felt in recent bouts is that I often made positioning and distance mistakes. That gave my opponents more of a chance. I have strengthened that part.

-- So you got good results from going to The Netherlands?

Teixeira: On the whole, yes, I did. I became able to control my breathing and distancing. Also, I was using my foot to kick with before, but after learning the Dutch style I now use my shin. My fighting style has also changed. I used to be rather stationary, but now I feel I am able to move around a lot more.

-- We saw you performing aggressively during the fight in Australia in July. You really pushed the pace.

Teixeira: I trained a lot with tall fighters in The Netherlands which helped a lot in that match. I think I really just wanted to fight too, as I hadn't fought for quite a long time.

-- Ado you feel like you are evolving as a Kyokushin karate fighter?

Teixeira: Yes, I think so now. Recently I take karate classes whenever possible too..

-- So does that mean you could win the title this year, couldn't you?

Teixeira: I want to show everyone something different. I have 2 or even 3 times more power right now!

-- What is your impression about Peter Aerts?

Teixeira: He is a legend in K-1 and fights aggressively, so I have to be ready and train very hard for the fight.

-- Do you have the confidence needed to defeat the legend?

Teixeira: Of course I do. I gained something in The Netherlands, and team "Ichigeki" is coming together and working well. I'm sure I can win the title.

-- Does the fight being Kyokushin champion vs. K-1 legend have any particular meaning for you?

Teixeira: Yes, it does. I want to show my fans what Kyokushin power is really like. I want them to see that the Kyokushin World Champion is the strongest fighter.

-- It's your first time to face off with a former WGP champion. Are you at all concerned?

Teixeira: No, I'm really excited about it. I want to put everything I’ve got into it. I
want to fight as soon as possible. I can’t wait.

-- For you personally, how meaningful is this bout?

Teixeira: This is not the final. Each and every fight is a point I must pass to become the WGP Champion.

-- What's your final goal?

Teixeira: To be the K-1 WGP Champion this year.

-- I heard that you are taking part in the Kyokushin World Championship next year. Which is more important for you, to win consecutive titles there, or to become the WGP champion?

Teixeira: Both of them are important for me. It'd be difficult for me to participate in the K-1 WGP next year because the Kyokushin World Championship is held in November. So, this year I'll put everything I have into becoming the K-1 WGP Champion, and next year I'll do the same to keep the Kyokushin World Championship.

-- So far, Francisco Filho and Glaube Feitosa were both just one step away from becoming a WGP Champion. If you won this year, you'd become Kyokushin's long-cherished K-1 champion.

Teixeira: That’s true. I'm going to show you Kyokushin power!

-- Finally, share with us just how determined you are.

Teixeira: I'm very excited now. My team is amazing, and we have a strong bond with each other. All I have to do is to meet their expectations and get the results. Osu!

Návrat nahoru Goto down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PříspěvekPředmět: Re: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Kyotaro
K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 026b4cdc02_69682889_o2

citace :

-- How's your condition?

Kyotaro : So-so.

-- Has much around you changed since you beat Aerts?

Kyotaro : I don't really pay attention, so I haven't really notice anything. But I feel more people have started to know who I am, because Aerts is such a high-profile fighter.

-- How did you feel about fighting against someone you used to watch on TV?

Kyotaro : I looked at him as an opponent; nothing more, nothing less. I get frustrated watching popular fighters on TV, so I thought if I could beat him, I could become one of them too.

-- You've become the Heavyweight Champion, and defended that title. You've become well known, haven't you?

Kyotaro : Not yet! I want to fight more and be on TV more and more. I don't want only men to know about me. I want girls, and even grandmothers and grandfathers to know who I am.

-- Don't you think you've become better known?

Kyotaro : No, I don't think so. I'm not even slightly satisfied yet. I'm not happy even if I become stronger, or a champion. I don't think I'II ever be able to be satisfied enough.

-- What do you want to do after you become famous?

Kyotaro : I do feel that I lead Japan, so I want to help to fill everyone with courage by showing that I can fight against the entire world.

-- Did you have such a character since you were a little kid?

Kyotaro : Yes, pretty much. I wouldn't have become a K-1 fighter if I didn't want to appear on TV. I don't think it's normal to think you want to be a fighter. I have a twisted character! I like to do things that others don't do, and even battle with people when playing minor games.

-- For you, what is the ideal hero??

Kyotaro : No matter how famous I become, I want to treat people the same. From
children to adults. I don't really want a strength but children are attracted by it, I think. So I want them to feel something from me.

-- After Aerts, you're fighting against yet another legend.

Kyotaro : I feel the same way about an opponent no matter who it is. LeBanner has more fans than I do, so it is rather meaningful to defeat such a fighter.

-- What did you think when your team mate Sawayashiki beat him?

Kyotaro : I wasn't very happy. I felt left behind. It was a mixture of feelings. I wasn't in K-1 yet, and he became one of them. A K-1 fighter. I wanted to overtake him someday.

-- Is it too soon to fight against LeBanner?

Kyotaro : No, not at all. You never know what you can really do, and it's very rare to fight against such two famous fighters in a row... it's just fate or a a kind of luck. It has to happen for me to win.

-- What is your impression of him?

Kyotaro : Maybe he was strong before, and I respect him for his great career, but... He is big, isn't he?

-- He has been training hard and regaining his former condition since last year when he started taining with Aerts at Chakuriki.

Kyotaro : His first round with Spong was great, but the last half wasn't that good. Musashi got beaten, then Sawayashiki as well... Japanese fighters have been defeated so far, so I feel it's fate to fight against him before his retirement.

-- It's time for him to retire?

Kyotaro : Yes, he is not young anymore and I think it is better for him to retire. I wouldn't like to continue fighting until I am 38 years old. It can't be good for your health.

-- What do you think are his weakness?

Kyotaro : He has power and is very aggressive, but at the same time he has many weak points.

-- You sound confident.

Kyotaro : I didn't have any confidence, and I was really scared before. But, this time I'm not scared and I'm happy to fight with him.

-- How do you want to fight this time?

Kyotaro : I have to win this match. I know most people will cheer for him, but I've got to win this time!

-- I heard that you were in Thailand. Did you find anything new training there?

Kyotaro : It was fun because I didn't have the opportunity to go overseas before. The atmosphere in the gym was very much like Dragon. The country itself was hungry, and it was good that I could feel that.

-- What sort of training are you focusing on?

Kyotaro : I'm not good at doing something different or new, so I do what I usually do. It might be a little different this time as he is left handed, but basically just the same training.

-- Do you feel any pressure representing Japan?

Kyotaro : I know that pressure always follows you, so I try to take it positively. I'm happy to have people watching my fights and encouraging me.

-- Your fans are expecting another knockout.

Kyotaro : In Korea, I think about 90 % people will support LeBanner, but that is okay. I just have to make sure I win.

-- Your comments are aggressive this time again.

Kyotaro : I'm very calm. If I can do what I am capable of doing in the ring, I think I will be okay.

-- Please send a message to LeBanner.

Kyotaro : He has so much more experience and so many more techniques than I, so I have nothing much to say. My generation of fighters should provide him with a glorious path on which to walk. We fighters feel something in each other. I think it'd be best if he satisfies himself, then retires.

-- What kind of fight do you want to have?

Kyotaro : I hope that the stadium is a sellout, and they get excited about watching our fights. I want to end it with a knockout.
Návrat nahoru Goto down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PříspěvekPředmět: Re: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Peter Aerts
K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 17ee5a0d97_69682865_o2

citace :
-- You lost a lot of weight for the Kyotaro fight, but it looks like you're back in top form.

Aerts : Yes, I'm back to my regular weight. I can eat what I want and I feel great. I've been dieting for the last few years. Usually I weigh 106 kilos, but when I train I go down to 103 and I'm always hungry! But I'm okay now! I've got lots of energy, too.

-- You didn't seem to have much power back in April.

Aerts : My condition was good, but I couldn't focus. I was too light and too hungry.

-- How have you trained since then?

Aerts : A little power training, but not much sparring. I started doing a little last month though. I've just been trying to keep relaxed.

-- How did you feel when you lost to Alistair and didn't make it into the top 8?

Aerts : I was disappointed in myself. I didn't even think I might lose. Actually when I fought Gokhan Saki, I wasn't in good shape either.

-- But the fans chose you to be in the Final 16.

Aerts : I always appreciate the fans who support me. I'll definitely go to the Final this year.

-- Your impression of Ewerton Teixeira?

Aerts : He's very built and he's strong. His dojo, Kyokushin Karate is very strict. But I also train hard every day and I'm ready to win.

-- It will be your first time against Teixeira. What will you have to be careful of?

Aerts : He's got a strong kick, and a powerful build. So I just have to fight my way.

-- Since he lost to Alistair, he's been training in the Netherlands. Did you know that?

Aerts : I heard about it.

-- He's probably become stronger after training there.

Aerts : Of course.

-- Are you nervous at all.

Aerts : No. I'm not worried at all. Our styles are different. He's learned a little kickboxing and has improved somewhat.

-- What do you think his weakness is?

Aerts : His punches are hard, but not so hard that I can't take them. But he's
powerful, so I can't let him touch me. But you can't tell until you've fought him, so I can't say for sure.

Aerts : Thank you!

-- Of course fans all over the world look forward to watching you fight. You're called a legend. With all the new fighters coming up, what kind of fight would you like to have.

Aerts : I really like fighting. And having an exciting fight is important. I don't go for points, but for a KO. That's what everyone wants to see. Even if I have more points, if I have even a 1% chance for a KO, I'll go for it.

-- I can't wait.

Aerts : I'm in great shape and I plan to have a great fight for the fans. Ossu!
Návrat nahoru Goto down
Sponsored content

PříspěvekPředmět: Re: K-1 WGP Final 16 2010   K-1 WGP Final 16 2010 Empty

Návrat nahoru Goto down

K-1 WGP Final 16 2010
Strana 1 z 1